This dessert is dedicated to the memory of Fridays evenings.
Ingredients for dough:
- 300 g flour
- 240 g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 dl iced water
and for filling:
- 8 cups redcurrant, blueberry
- 37 g cornflour
- 80 g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
at the top:
- 1 egg yolk and 2 tablespoons doublecream to brush
for 11 inches tart pan
- To make the dough combine the butter and the flour in a mixing bowl and add iced water untill the dough holds together without being wet. Wrap in plastic and refigerate for at least 1 hour.
- After that devide the dough in half and roll them out. Fit one of them into the pan, transfer the other one onto a baking sheet and chill them for at least 30 minutes.
- Place berries in a large bowl and crush half cup of them with your hands.
- Add sugar, cornflour, butter, lemon juice and stir to combine. Spoon the stuff into the pie shell.
- Place the remaining dough over the berries.
- Press both layers of dough along the edge of the pan.
- Cut some vents in top of the pie to allow steam to escape and brush the surface with the mixture of the egg yolk and double cream.
- Prehaet oven to 200°C and refigerate the pie for at least 30 minutes.
- Place pie into the oven and bake it for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temp. to 180°C and continue to bake untill crust is deep golden brown, about 40-45 minutes.
- Cool it completely.